ABIDING IN HEAVEN AND ABIDING IN CHRIST ON EARTH
by Tony Alamo
While Christ was physically here on earth, Christ’s mind was always on the Father in Heaven.1 He could never inwardly be tempted. Outwardly, the devil could tell Him to sin, but inwardly or outwardly, He never would or could because He, by the Spirit, was always abiding (living) in the Holy Spirit.2 This is our example to always be sitting with Christ in heavenly places (Eph. 2:6). It is not unusual to be tempted outwardly by the devil, but when we are sitting with Jesus in heavenly places, we cannot be inwardly tempted. Outwardly, yes, but in Christ we are more than conquerors (Rom. 8:37). It is of no effect.
First Peter 4:12-14 says, “Beloved, think it not strange [unusual] concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified.”
James 1:2-3 states, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” It’s joy because temptation has no effect on you when you are close to Jesus, sitting with Him by the Spirit with Him in heavenly places. When you are sitting with Jesus in Heavenly places, it is very easy to pray (talk) to Him and to get your answers by meditation. That is because you are sitting right there with Him.3
James 1:7-8 says, “For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. [If he is double minded, sometimes he believes, and sometimes he doesn’t believe.] A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”
“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation [we cannot be tempted inwardly or outwardly successfully when we are in Christ, sitting with Him in heavenly places]: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man” (Jas. 1:12-13).
You may say, “Jesus is God,” and truly He is, but still the Word says He was tempted in every way, as we are (Heb. 4:14-15).4 Jesus never was inwardly tempted. The devil told Him to make stones bread, to jump from the pinnacle, and to worship him (the devil) (Matt. 4:3-11). All this was outward, but Jesus was always at the throne, praying always, never tempted inwardly.5 This is why we are to sit with Him in heavenly places. We are immune to temptation with Jesus.
James notes that, “But every man [not sitting with Jesus] is tempted, when he is drawn away [inwardly] of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren” (Jas. 1:14-16).
God gave us salvation and a secure place of power to stay safe during this or any hour of temptation. Flee from the very appearance of evil! (I Thes. 5:22). But where should we flee? We flee to sit with Jesus in heavenly places!6
Jeremiah 17:9-10 says, “The heart [of man] is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.” Because the heart is so wicked, we need to always be in Christ. There our heart has no influence over us, and the devil has no influence. When we are sitting in Christ in heavenly places, we are free! The devil is no longer allowed in Heaven. “And his tail drew the third part of the stars of Heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born… And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him” (Rev. 12:4, 9). He has been thrown out, and the evil one cannot touch us there!7 We are in Christ, and Christ has defeated the devil and his evil.8 The only safe place in the universe is in Jesus.
On earth, our bodies are God’s temple.9 “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (I Cor. 3:16). He lives in our bodies. We live in Him and with Him.10 Paul said, “I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace [the power] of God which was with me” (I Cor. 15:10). We work, but it is Christ in us that does the work. Jesus said, “My Father worketh hitherto, and I work” (John 5:17). We shall be judged by the works we do when we are yoked with Jesus.11 “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works” (Rev. 20:13). We are only able to work the works of God by Christ by the Spirit in Heavenly places.
If Christ needed to be in Heavenly places with the Spirit while here on earth, then how much more do we need to be seated with Him in Heavenly places? Begin by praying to the Heavenly Father to be with Him there right now:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up the cross daily for the purpose of mortifying yourself, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, then submit yourself and do what the Word says, so that the Church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God's Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
Pastor Tony Alamo
English Alamo Literature
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
FAX (661) 252-4362
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. & 8 P. M. at the Los Angeles area Church:
13136 Sierra Hwy., Santa Clarita, CA 91390,
Free transportation to and from services provided at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. & 6:30 P.M.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature.
All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature, please call (661) 252-5686 collect.
THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).
DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright April, 2009 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2009
Abiding In Heaven And Abiding In Christ On Earth footnotes:
1. Deut. 18:18, Psa. 40:8, 45:7, Isa. 50:4-9, 53:9-12, Matt. 3:13-17, 11:25-26, 14:23, 26:36-44, John 4:34, 5:19-23, 30, 6:38-40, 8:28-29, 55, 9:4-5, 12:27-28, 49-50, 14:31, 15:10, 17:1-26, Mark 1:35, Luke 2:49, 5:16, 6:12, 23:34, 46, Phlp. 2:5-11 return
2. Isa. 7:14-15, 51:5-6, Luke 4:1-14, John 3:34, 5:19, 26, 30, 8:16, 10:37-38, 11:41-44, 14:10-20, 17:21-23, Acts 10:38, Rom. 8:3-4, Gal. 4:4-6, Phlp. 2:6-8, Heb. 2:16-18, 4:14-15, 5:8-9, I Pet. 1:18-19, Rev. 5:1-10 return
3. Psa. 15:1-2, 23:6, 27:4-5, 61:4, 84:4, 92:13, Isa. 2:2-3, 26:3-4, John 15:5-10, 17:11, 21-26, Rom. 6:3-5, 8, 11, 22-23, 8:1, 14-17, I Cor. 6:15-17, 19-20, Eph. 1:3-12, 17-23, Phlp. 3:8-11, Col. 3:3, I Thes. 5:9-10, II Pet. 1:3-4, I John 2:6, 28, 3:6, 24, 4:13 return
4. Isa. 7:14-15, 50:4-7, 53:2-7, Matt. 4:1-11, 8:17, 20:18-19, Luke 22:28, 40-46, Rom. 8:3, Gal. 4:4-5, Phlp. 2:6-8, Heb. 2:9-10, 14-18, 5:8-9, 10:9, 12:2-3, I Pet. 2:21-24 return
5. Matt. 11:25-26, 14:23, Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, 6:12, 22:28, 40-46, 23:34, 46, John 7:18, 12:27-28, Ch. 17, II Cor. 5:21, Heb. 1:9, 4:14-15, 5:8-9, 7:26, 12:2-3, I Pet. 1:18-19, I John 3:5 return
6. Deut. 33:26-27, II Sam. 22:2-20, Psa. 9:9-10, 16:11, 18:2, 27:2-6, 46:1-7, 10-11, 48:1-3, 61:4, 62:8, 91:1-9, 143:9, John 10:9, 17:11-24, Rom. 8:14-16, 37-39, II Cor. 4:8-18, Eph. 1:3-12, 17-23, Col. 3:3, Heb. 6:17-20, I John 5:4-5, Rev. 21:2-3, 9-11, 22-27 return
7. Job 3:17, Isa. 14:9-17, Ezek. 28:13-19, Luke 10:18-20, Jude 6, Rev. 12:3-4, 9-10, 12 return
8. I Chron. 29:11, Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 27:50-54, Luke 22:69, 24:26, 46, John 16:16-22, 33, Acts 2:22-27, 31-36, 3:13-18, 26, 4:10-12, 5:30-31, Rom. 6:9-10, 8:34, 37, I Cor. 15:57, II Cor. 2:14, 5:15, Eph. 1:18-23, 4:4-10, Phlp. 2:8-11, Heb. 1:1-3, 2:9, 9:11-18, 22-28, 10:4-14, 12:1-2, I Pet. 3:21-22, I John 4:4, 5:4-5, Rev. 2:26-27, 19:1-6 return
9. I Cor. 3:16-17, 6:19-20, II Cor. 6:16, Eph. 2:19-22 return
10. John 14:15-20, 23, 26, 15:1-11, 26, 16:7-14, 17:21-23, 26, Acts 17:28, Rom. 8:10-11, 26-28, I Cor. 3:9, 16-17, 6:19-20, 15:10, II Cor. 6:16-18, Gal. 2:20, Eph. 2:18-22, 3:16-21, Phlp. 2:12-13, Col. 1:27-29, 2:9-10, II Tim. 1:14, I John 3:6, 24, 4:4 return
11. Job 34:11, Jer. 17:10, Matt. 3:10, 5:13-16, 25:34-46, Luke 19:12-27, John 15:1-8, 16, Rom. 8:5, 12:5-12, I Cor. 3:8, 13, II Cor. 5:18-20, Gal. 6:7-9, Eph. 6:8, II Tim. 4:5-8, Titus 2:11-15, Jas. 2:4-6, I Pet. 1:17 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return