DO YOU SAY, "I ALMOST LET GO"?
by Tony Alamo
Is there anyone in the world that doesn’t have some kind of problem or another? Problems such as sickness, diseases, infirmities, financial difficulties, the loss of a loved one, danger, kidnappers; the evil, secular one-world government; taxes, false accusers, etc. I could go on forever about problems so despairing that millions of fellow humans have let go. Many people do convert to Christianity, to CHRIST. They tell others, “I almost let go; GOD, through CHRIST, kept me. I felt like I couldn’t take life any longer, but JESUS, my LORD, kept me, so I didn’t let go! GOD’s mercy kept me, so I didn’t let go! I’m alive today because GOD kept me.”
Everyone might say, “You don’t know what I’ve been through,” but say, “Nothing’s going to stop me now!”
When you’re lonely and your heart is full of despair, just call on the name of JESUS. How precious is the name of JESUS! HE will hear you every time you call on HIM! I will say it again. HE will hear you every time you call on HIM!1
You will say, “HE kept me!” You will say, “I was full of sorrow, with no hope for tomorrow, but JESUS heard me, and HE kept me when I almost let go. JESUS, YOU came to my rescue! Where would I or anyone else be if we were not able to call on YOU, JESUS? Thank YOU, JESUS, for your mercy! Thank YOU, LORD JESUS, for your grace!” In times like these, we need relief. We need a SAVIOR, we need repair, we need release from our problems, and we need miracles!
It doesn’t cost a thing to pray! What would it mean to let go for these last few minutes of time, then spend infinity, forever, in torment?2 The LORD is always on duty to hear you and help you, so hang on to HIM and never give up!3 It’s not worth it! The devil wants to discourage you so you will spend forever with him in fiery torments. The torments there are trillions of times worse than here. Time flies by quickly,4 and before you know it, you’ll be standing before JESUS! When you see HIM, you’ll want HIM to say to you, “Come into eternal life, eternal paradise forever, MY good and faithful servant, well done!”5
GOD cannot use anyone who is always discouraged because they lack the faith in GOD to deliver them personally. I found a place to hide where the devil can’t find me. Everyone can find it if they want it. It is the place free from looking at the demise of our nation and our world. It is under the shadow of GOD’s wings, HIS WORD. I have found that hiding place, my FATHER. YOU are my refuge, my strength, my shield, my rest.6 “O GOD, THOU art my GOD; early will I seek THEE: my soul thirsteth for THEE, my flesh longeth for THEE in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see THY power and THY glory, so as I have seen THEE in the sanctuary. Because THY lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise THEE. Thus will I bless THEE while I live: I will lift up my hands in THY name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise THEE with joyful lips: When I remember THEE upon my bed, and meditate on THEE in the night watches. Because THOU hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of THY wings will I rejoice [because there the devil can’t find me!]. My soul followeth hard after THEE: THY right hand upholdeth me. But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes. But the king shall rejoice in GOD; every one that sweareth by HIM shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.” (Psa. 63:1-11)
Why should you almost let go? The KING is JESUS. HE is the KING of kings and the LORD of lords.7 HE could have stayed in Heaven. HE didn’t have to come to earth to suffer and die for sinners to repent. HE could have spared HIS life and still had paradise,8 but HE came to earth,9 suffered, died,10 and rose again from the dead.11 HE stayed for us.12 If HE wouldn’t have had all this mercy for us, HE would have let us go.
JESUS never almost let go. HE never thought of it. HE knows how horrible Hell is, and we know of it from HIM—HIS WORD.13 So don’t be one of the statistics, don’t even think of almost letting go! Eternity in Hell is too long, it never ends! It’s dying forever, full of pain, crying for mercy, but mercy never comes. Mercy can only come now, while you’re still alive, so right now receive the mercy of GOD through CHRIST JESUS by saying this prayer unto HIM:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up your cross daily and follow JESUS for the purpose of mortifying your flesh, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of CHRIST.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of CHRIST. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for GOD with CHRIST on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for GOD in CHRIST on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the WORD of GOD, submit yourselves one to another, and do what the WORD says so that the church and the world may see evidence of your submission to GOD’S WORD, HIS order, and HIS authority in and by you. Praise the LORD. May GOD bless and reward you abundantly. Yours in the wonderful name of JESUS,
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
Pastor Tony Alamo
English Alamo Literature
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
FAX (661) 252-4362
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. & 8 P. M. at the Los Angeles area Church:
13136 Sierra Hwy., Santa Clarita, CA 91390,
Free transportation to and from services provided at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. & 6:30 P.M.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature.
All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature, please call (661) 252-5686 collect.
THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).
DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright March, 2009 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2009
Do You Say, "I Almost Let Go"? footnotes:
1. I Chron. 28:9, Job 22:27, 33:26, Psa. 9:10, 10:17, 18:3, 34:15, 17, 37:4-5, 38:15, 55:16, 56:9, 65:2, 69:33, 86:5-7, 91:15, 102:17-20, 145:18-19, Prov. 15:8, 29, Isa. 30:19, 55:6-7, 58:9, 65:24, Jer. 29:12-13, 33:3, Acts 12:5-17, 16:23-34, Matt. 6:5-6, 7:7-11, Rom. 8:26-27, I John 3:22, 5:14-15 return
2. Matt. 3:12, 8:12, 13:41-42, 18:8, 25:30, 41, 46, Mark 3:29, 9:48, Luke 16:23-28, II Thes. 1:9, II Pet. 2:4-10, Jude 6, Rev. 19:20, 21:8 return
3. Matt. 10:22, 24:13, Mark 13:13, Acts 13:43, 14:22, Rom. 11:22, Col. 1:22-23, I Tim. 4:16, II Tim. 2:1-3, 3:13-17, 4:5, James 5:10-11, I John 2:24-25 return
4. II Sam. 14:14, I Chron. 29:15, Job 7:1-3, 6-10, 8:9, 9:25-26, 10:18-21, 14:1-2, 17:1, Psa. 22:29, 39:4-6, 11, 78:39, 89:47-48, 90:5-6, 9-10, 102:11, 103:14-16, 129:6, 144:3-4, 146:4, Eccl. 1:4, 3:19-21, 6:12, 12:7, Isa. 2:22, 40:6-8, 24, 51:12, 64:6, I Cor. 15:22, James 1:10-11, 4:14, I Pet. 1:24 return
5. Matt. 25:21-23 return
6. Ex. 15:2, II Sam. 22:3, 33, Psa. 3:3, 9:9, 18:1-2, 32, 19:14, 22:19, 27:1, 28:7, 31;4, 32:7, 46:1, 7, 57:1, 59:9, 16, 62:7-8, 73:26, 91:2, 9-16, 94:22, 118:14, 119:114, 144:1-2, Pro. 14:26 return
7. I Tim. 6:14-16, Rev. 17:14, 19:16 return
8. Matt. 26:48-56 return
9. Matt. 1:18-25, Luke 1:26-35, John 1:14 return
10. Matt. 26:36-75, Chap. 27, Mark 14:42-72, Chap. 15, Luke 22:29-71, Chap. 23, John Chap. 18, Chap. 19 return
11. Matt. Chap. 28, Mark 16:1-14, Luke 24:1-31, 44-47, John Chap. 20, Acts 1:1-3, 17:1-3, I Cor. 15:20, Rev. 1:13-18 return
12. John 3:14-17 return
13. Pro. 27:20, Isa. 5:14, Matt. 8:11-12, 13:38-42, 49-50, 25:41-46, Mark 9:43-48, Luke 3:17, 16:19-31, II Pet. 2:4, Jude 6, Rev. 9:1-2, 14:10-11, 19:20, 20:10, 14-15, 21:8 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return