by Tony Alamo
“Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus. Then said JESUS unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which MY FATHER hath given ME, shall I not drink it?” (John 18:10-11).
What JESUS is saying here is, That which MY FATHER has told ME to do, shall I not do it? Shall I not be murdered as an atonement for the sins of the world? Shall I not die on the cross as an atonement for the sins that everyone in the world has committed so that whatsoever I command them to do, if they do it, they may have everlasting life in Heaven?1 As I must drink the cup that MY FATHER has given unto ME, and do what HE has commanded ME to do, so say I unto you, if you eat MY flesh and drink MY blood, which means living the kind of life I lived, you shall be MY disciples, and shall never die.2
In John 6:26, JESUS said to the multitude, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, You seek ME, not because you saw the miracles, but because you did eat of the loaves, and were filled.” John 6:27 tells us not to work for the food that perishes, but for that which endures unto everlasting life, which the SON of MAN shall give unto you. (In other words, the SON of MAN will show you the sort of work that you must do to have everlasting life.) “For HIM hath GOD the FATHER sealed [has put HIS seal of approval upon].” John 6:28 says, “Then said they unto HIM, What shall we do, that we might WORK the WORKS of GOD? James teaches, “Be not many masters” because the more things we do, the more we shall be judged and we will be judged for everything (James 3:1). Just do the work of GOD.
“JESUS answered and said unto them, This is the work of GOD, that you believe on HIM whom HE has sent” (John 6:29). In other words, we are to believe what HE says and tells us to do. We are to win souls. When JESUS gives us the cup to drink, then we are to drink it, we do it. That is, if you want to obtain eternal life in Heaven. This is what drinking HIS blood means, and this is what eating HIS flesh means, to live HIS life as HE did, to do what HE has done, which is to obey HIS FATHER in all things.3 After all, we, if we are saved, are HIM, HIS body!
And after JESUS had shown them all of the many miracles that HE had done, they still said to HIM, What sign do YOU show us that we may see and believe YOU? What kind of work do YOU do? “Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, HE gave them bread from Heaven to eat. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but My Father giveth you the true bread from Heaven” (John 6:31-32).
“For the bread of GOD is HE which cometh down from Heaven, and giveth life unto the world.” [What JESUS is saying here is that the bread of GOD is JESUS, who came down from Heaven and gives supernatural life eternal in Heaven for those that are in the world who believe, repent, and continue living HIS life as their lives.] Then said they unto HIM, LORD, evermore give us this bread. And JESUS said unto them, I am the bread of life [In other words, JESUS is the WORDS of life that are to be believed, obeyed]: he that cometh to ME [for life eternal] shall never hunger; and he that believeth on ME shall never thirst” (John 6:33-35).
JESUS is saying here that if you believe and do everything HE says to do, it is the same as being in HIM, drinking the cup which HE gives you and eating HIS flesh, the bread of life. For instance, does JESUS, GOD in the flesh, command you to be a homosexual? 4 No! Does JESUS tell you to murder, to abort babies? 5 No! Does JESUS tell you to commit adultery?6 No! Does JESUS tell you to betray your brother or sister in the LORD?7 No! Does JESUS tell you to lie or steal?8 No! Does JESUS tell you to have population control? No! However, JESUS does tell you to be fruitful and multiply, doesn’t HE?9 Does JESUS who is GOD give you the cup to commit fornication,10 or to follow secular government?11 No! Does JESUS who has come into the world as GOD in the flesh tell you to blow up sinners? No! HE tells you to preach the gospel to them. Does HE tell you to believe in the Antichrist government, which is using the United States armed forces as a hammer to smash all the remaining governments who have not yet received democracy as their supposed-to-be ethical way of life?12
JESUS said, “But I [say] unto you, That ye also have seen ME [you’ve seen MY life, heard MY rules, MY commandments], and believe not. All that the FATHER giveth ME shall come to ME [shall gladly keep MY commandments for their own welfare]; and him that cometh to ME I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from Heaven, not to do MINE own will, but the will of HIM that sent ME. And this is the FATHER’s will which hath sent ME, that of all which HE hath given ME I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of HIM that sent ME, that every one which seeth the SON, and believeth on HIM, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:36-40).
Again in John 18:11, “JESUS [said] unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which MY FATHER hath given ME, shall I not drink it?” JESUS despised the shame of the cross13 and prayed to the FATHER that this cup shall pass from HIM. Nevertheless, THY will be done (Matthew 26:36-42). The spirits of Moses and Elijah came to JESUS to encourage HIM to go through with the shame of the cross, the crucifixion (Matthew 17:1-3). JESUS would have gone through the shame of the cross anyway, but if HE would not have, no one in the whole world would have ever been saved. This is because JESUS saved everyone who would be saved.14 The faithful believers of the future coming of JESUS in the Old and New Testament, who all drank the cups that they were given to drink, are the ones whom JESUS saved. If it were not for the faithfulness of JESUS, all the good and faithful saints would not be saved. GOD has given us all the life of JESUS to drink and the life of JESUS to eat. Will you eat and drink JESUS? Will you do what HE says? If so, then start out right now by saying this prayer:
My LORD and my GOD, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the SON of the living GOD. 2 I believe that HE died on the cross and shed HIS precious blood for the forgiveness of all my former sins. 3 I believe that GOD raised JESUS from the dead by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT 4 and that HE sits on the right hand of GOD at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart, and I invite YOU into my heart, LORD JESUS. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that YOU shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 YOU will not turn me away, LORD JESUS; YOU will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because YOUR WORD, the Bible, says so. 8 YOUR WORD says that YOU will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that YOU have heard me, and I know that YOU have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank YOU, LORD JESUS, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as YOU command and sin no more.11
Ask for any of the many articles written by Pastor Alamo and
information on our worldwide radio station schedules at the following:
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 6467
Texarkana, Texas 75505
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (479) 782-7370
FAX (479) 782-7406
www.alamoministries.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength..
|at the following locations:|
|Arkansas Churches:||4401 Windsor Dr., Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904|
|1005 Highway 71 South, Fouke, AR 71837|
|Los Angeles Area Church:||13136 Sierra Hwy., Canyon Country, California 91390|
|New York City Area:||Please call us for the address.|
|Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, California, daily at 6:30 P.M.,|
|Sundays at 1:30 P.M. and 6:30 P.M.|
|Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.|
|All Tony Alamo literature, messages on CD and tape, are free of charge, not for sale.|
|If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature,|
|please call (479) 782-7370 collect.|
|THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).|
|DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO ANOTHER.|
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright August, 2012 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2012
Eating and Drinking Life footnotes:
1. John 3:14-18, 8:31-32, 51, Rom. 3:21-26, Gal. 6:7-9, Titus 3:4-8, 1 John 2:3-6, 24-25, 2 John 1:6, 8-9, Rev. 1:5-6 return
2. Matt. 10:22, John 6:47-51, 53-58, 11:25-26, 15:1-16, Rom. 12:1-2, 2 Cor. 5:17-21 return
3. Isa. 7:14-15, Rom. 6:16, Phlp. 2:6-8, Heb. 5:8-9, 1 Pet. 1:2-9, 1 John 2:29, 3:5-6 return
4. Gen. 19:1-13, 24-25, Lev. 18:22, 20:13, Deut. 22:5, 23:17-18, Judg. 19:22-28, I Kings 14:24, 15:11-12, Rom. 1:18-32, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:1-5, Jude 7 return
5. Gen. 9:6, Ex. 20:13, 21:12, Lev. 24:17, Num. 35:16-21, 30-33, Deut. 5:17, Matt. 19:18, Mark 10:19, Rom. 13:9, Gal. 5:19-21, James 2:11, Rev. 22:14-15 return
6. Ex. 20:14, Lev. 18:20, 20:10, Deut. 5:18, Pro. 6:32, Mal. 3:5, Matt. 5:27-28, 15:19-20, 19:18, Mark 7:21-23, Luke 18:20, Rom. 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, James 2:11-12 return
7. Ex 20:16, Deut. 5:20, Matt. 19:18, 24:10, Mark 14:21, Luke 21:16, John 13:21-27, Rom. 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:1-8, Titus 3:1-2, James 4:11-12, 1 Pet. 3:8-12, 16, 2 Pet. 2:9-12, Jude 6-10 return
8. Ex. 20:15-16, 22:1-4, 23:1, Lev. 19:11, 13, Deut. 5:19, Psa. 5:6, 101:5, 7, Prov. 6:16-19, 10:31, 12:22, 19:5, 9, Zech. 5:3, Matt. 15:19-20, 19:18, Mark 7:21-23, Luke 18:20, 19:45-46, John 8:44, Rom. 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:10, Eph. 4:25, 28, Col. 3:9, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 4:1-2, Rev. 9:21, 21:8, 27, 22:15 return
9. Gen. 1:26-28, 9:1, 7 return
10. 1 Cor. 5:9-11, 6:9-10, 13-18, 7:2, 9, 10:7-8, 2 Cor. 12:21, Eph. 5:3, Col. 3:5-6, 1 Thes. 4:3-5, Jude 7, Rev. 2:14, 20-22, 9:20-21 return
11. Dan. chap. 3, 6, Acts 5:27-29, Rev. chap. 13, 14:8-11 return
12. Dan. 7:1-26, 2 Thes. 2:3-12, Rev. chap. 13, 14:6-11, 17:1-12, 18, 19:11-21, 20:4 return
13. Heb. 12:2 return
14. John 10:9, 14:6, Rom. 3:22-26, Heb. 10:1-17, 11:1-2, 13-16, 1 John 2:1-2, Rev. 13:8return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return