by Tony Alamo
I’ve just completed a piece of literature regarding a part of the Apostle Paul’s conversion. It was where he explained how mad or insane he was to have had persecuted Jesus. I said Jesus, because Jesus told him that it was Him that Paul was persecuting. Jesus was living by the Holy Spirit in all the saints that Paul was putting in prison, putting to death, and causing them to blaspheme. “Many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities” (Acts 26:10-11). The saints then were as we are today. We are the continuation of Christ’s incarnation in this present world. He, (Jesus), lives in us with the Father by the Spirit.1 When you persecute us, you are persecuting Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one.2
Jesus states, “I am the vine, ye [ye saints] are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit [souls]:3 for without Me ye can do nothing.4 If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered…If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that ye [do works that] bear much fruit; [to bear much fruit, you must do much “work.” Jesus says, if you do, you will glorify the Father] so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love [love is work; “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous” (I John 5:3)]. If [and only if] ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love” (John 15:5-10). Jesus is saying, if you do His “WORK,” you shall abide (or live) in His WORK, His commandments, and His love.
It is true that no work of ours can merit initial salvation5 because Jesus bought our salvation with His blood on the cross,6 but after salvation we must do the WORKS of a disciple, in order to glorify the Father and be Christ’s disciple. James 2:14, 17-18 says, “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? ...Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.” 7
Jesus told Paul this most important message on the day of his conversion on the road to Damascus. “For I [Jesus] have appeared unto thee for this purpose [to put you to work], to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people [the Jews], and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, [the Word is] To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith [to do these things, not to doubt, but have faith] that is in Me [Jesus]. Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, AND DO WORKS MEET FOR REPENTANCE” (Acts 26:16-20).
If ye are not idle, if you do the work as Jesus, the prophets, the apostles, and all the disciples have all done, then “If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. If ye love Me, keep My commandments [which is to do works]” (John 14:14-15). We prove our faith to the Lord by doing His work. This is seen throughout Scripture. “The just shall live by faith” (Heb. 10:38). “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work” (John 4:34). “Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours” (John 4:35-38). “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble” (James 2:19).
“And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?” (Matt 20:6).
“For the kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny [the Kingdom of Heaven]. But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny [the Kingdom of Heaven]. And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee” (Matt. 20:1-14).
“Six days shall work be done” (Lev. 23:3). Devils and their demonic government, which is called demonocracy (Webster) is not fiction. Any time government is by the people, it is said to be demonocracy. This is because all the people of the world have been deceived (converted) by Satan, so they have molded themselves into the government according to their master, the devil, the beast government of their will. They are working the works of Satan, not doing the works of God. The people as a whole have always been wrong, evil.8 This is why God destroyed everyone in the world with the worldwide flood with the exception of eight souls.9
After salvation, we must do the work of the Lord. If we don’t, we, like the rest of the world, are doing the work of the devil; God’s Word says so. If we do nothing, sitting idle, we’re still doing the work of the devil.10 This is because the Lord requires us to work the work of God,11 not Satan or demonocracy or democracy, the government of the “people,” not of God. God said, “Repent or perish.”
Do your repenting now before it’s too late. God said the whole world is deceived,12 and God will again destroy the whole world, except for a few, and this time it will be by fire and it will happen soon. If you will escape the world wide fire for eternity,13 then say this prayer now if it is your will to be saved:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up the cross daily for the purpose of mortifying yourself, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, then submit yourself and do what the Word says, so that the Church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God's Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
Pastor Tony Alamo
Pastor Tony Alamo’s Radio broadcasts can be heard everywhere in the United States, Canada, and throughout the world.
Find the Radio Station listing for your area or Listen to Pastor Alamo's messages at wmqm1600.com .
Become a distributor of Pastor Tony Alamo’s gospel literature and tapes and CD's.
For information e-mail: info[at]alamoministries.com or fax 479-782-7406 your requests.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 6467
Texarkana, Texas 75505
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (479) 782-7370 / FAX (479) 782-7406
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. and 8 P.M. at the following locations:
New York City Church: Vincci Hoteles, 16 E. 32nd St., 2nd floor, between 5th Ave. and Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016
Arkansas Churches: 4401 Windsor Dr., Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904 • 1005 Highway 71 South, Fouke, Arkansas 71837
Los Angeles Area Church: 13136 Sierra Hwy., Canyon Country, California 91390 (661)251-9424
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Free transportation to and from services provided at the corner of:
Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, California, daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. and 6:30 P.M.
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The
Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred
Messages on CD or tape are available as well.
All Tony Alamo literature is free of charge, not for sale. If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature, please call (479) 782-7370 collect.
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate this literature into your native language. If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright April, 2009 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2009
Necessary Works? footnotes:
1. Jer. 31:33, John 14:16-17, 20, 23, 15:4-5, 17:21-23, Acts 1:4-5, 26:9-15, I Cor. 3:16-17, 6:19-20, 8:6, II Cor. 6:16-18, Gal. 2:20, Heb. 8:10, 10:16 return
2. Gen. 1:26, 3:22, Isa. 48:16-17, Matt. 28:19, John 1:1-4, 14, 10:30, 14:6-7, 17:11, 21, I Cor. 8:6, Eph. 4:4-6, I John 5:6-8 return
3. Matt. 3:10, 7:15-23, 12:33, 21:19, 33-43, 28:18-20, Mark 4:3-9, 14-21, 26-32, Luke 13:6-9, John 4:34-38, 12:24, 14:6, 12-17, 26, 15:1-8, 16, Acts 1:8, James 5:7 return
4. Psa. 92:12-15, Isa 40:31, Matt. 24:13, John 8:31, 10:27-30, 14:26, 15:1-8, Rom. 8:11, 28, 37, I Cor. 2:9-13, II Cor. 5:5-11, 12:9, Gal 4:16-26, Phlp. 4:13, Rev. 2:7, 10-11, 3:5, 14:12-13, 16:15, 21:7, 22:12-14 return
5. Matt. 10:8, Rom. 3:23-26, 5:7-19, I Cor. 2:12, Gal 5:1-6, Eph. 2:1-9, Titus 3:3-5 return
6. Matt. 26:28, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, John 6:53-58, Acts 20:28, Rom. 3:24-25, 5:8-9, Gal. 2:16, 3:10-12, Eph. 1:7, 2:8-9, 13, 16, Col. 1:14, 20, Heb. 9:11-26, 10:19-22, 29-31, 13:20-21, I Pet. 1:18-19, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5-6, 5:9-10, 7:13-17, 12:11 return
7. Job 34:11, Prov. 24:11-12, Isa. 3:10-11, Matt. 3:10, 5:13-16, 12:30, 25:14-46, Luke 19:12-27, John 15:1-14, 16, 18-19, Rom. 8:5, 12:1-2, 4-13, 21, I Cor. 1:21, 3:8, 13, II Cor. 5:18-20, Col. 1:21-23, II Tim 4:5-8, Titus 2:11-15, James 1:22-25, 2:12-26, I Peter 1:17 return
8. Gen. 6:1-5, 13, 17, 19:1-29, Num. 14:20-38, 26:63-65, Deut. 2:14-16, Matt. 7:13-14, 19:16-26, 24:37-39, Luke 13:23-30, 17:26-32, I Pet. 3:20, II Pet. 2:4-8 return
9. Gen. Ch. 6-7, Job 22:15-17, Matt. 24:37-39, Luke 17:26-27, Heb. 11:7, I Pet. 3:20, II Pet. 2:4-9 return
10. Ezek. 16:49-50, 22:25-31, 33:1-9, 34:4-10, Zech. 11:17, Matt. 7:13-23, 12:33, 36-37, 23:27-29, 25:1-13, Rom. 1:18-32, 16:17-18, Gal. 6:7-9, II Thes. 3:8-9, Jas. 2:12-13, II Pet. 2:1-3, 13-19, Jude 4, 10-16, Rev. 3:15-17, 16:15, 18:1-10, 16-18, 20:12-13 return
11. Job 34:11, Prov. 24:11-12, Isa. 3:10-11, 59:18, Matt. 3:10, 5:13-16, 12:30, 25:34-40, Luke 19:12-27, John 15:1-14, 16, Rom. 8:5, 12:1-2, 4-21, I Cor. 1:21, 3:8, 13, II Cor. 5:18-20, Col. 1:21-23, II Tim. 4:5-8, Titus 2:11-15, Jas. 2:14-26, I Pet. 1:17 return
12. Isa. 14:9-17, Matt. 23:15, 24:21-24, II Cor. 4:3-4, Rev. 12:9, 13:1-8, 11-14, 16:13-14, 17:8 return
13. Isa. 13:4-11, 24:19-21, 34:4, Matt. 24:3, 7-15, 27, 29-39, Luke 17:24-30, 21:7-12, 16-17, 20, 22-36, II Pet. 3:3-14, Rev. 19:11-21, 20:8-15, 21:8, 27 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return