The Road To Power
by Tony Alamo
Through Solomon, the Spirit of God stated, "The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord" (Prov. 20:27, Orig. Heb.). During the time of salvation, regeneration, the Holy Spirit (God's life) enters into man's spirit and quickens it to God's light and life. 1 Our spirit then becomes God's lamp. This is the fulfillment of God's promise to give those of us who receive salvation a "new spirit," which is mentioned in Ezekiel 36:26: "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." Our old, dead spirit is quickened into life when the Holy Spirit enters us by God planting His immortal Spirit into our dead temporal spirit. 2 God's work is then brought about in and through us by our conscious fellowship with Him. All man's works shall be tested at the judgment. 3 They shall be weighed in the balance. 4
Before we are saved, our carnal souls are in control of our dead, carnal spirits. 5 At the same time, our selfish, carnal self rules our carnal souls, and our carnal passions govern our carnal bodies. 6 Before salvation, man's carnal soul is the life of his carnal body. At the time of salvation, man receives God's own life into his spirit and becomes born of God. 7 Because of this, the Holy Spirit becomes the ruler of man's spirit. God's Spirit also comes equipped with power enough to control the soul, as well as the body. 8 The Holy Spirit is able to govern the entire tri-part human because God's life becomes the life of man's entire being--spirit, soul, and body. The spirit, soul, and body are restored to God's original purpose in all who become born again of the Spirit. 9
People ask, "What must we do to be born again of God's Spirit?" First we must realize that Jesus died in our place, meaning in the place of all sinners. 10 He suffered in His human body on the cross for the sins of the whole world. 11 God looks at the death of our Lord Jesus as the death of all the people ever born in the world. 12 His holy, human spirit, soul, and body suffered death for every unholy human, and we all are unholy before we are saved. 13 But man is required to do something. He must have enough faith to commit himself, spirit, soul, and body, into oneness or union with the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. In other words, he must consider the death of the Lord Jesus to be his own death and the resurrection of the Lord Jesus to be his own resurrection. 14 This is the true meaning of John 3:16. The literal original text reads, "Whoever believes IN Him [believes that they are in His death and in His resurrection] should not perish, but have eternal life."
To be saved, the sinner must exercise faith and fully believe in the Lord Jesus. 15 By doing so, the sinner will be united with Him in both His death and His resurrection and has received eternal life. "And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent" (John 17:3). This gives us spiritual life unto salvation or regeneration.
There is a great difference between Christ dying in our place for our former sins and our corporate death with Him, which is our willingness to let our self-will, our lifestyles, and the cares of the world be mortified or deadened by His Spirit, which corporately lives in us both at and after our salvation. 16 We die where Christ died, at His cross, for forgiveness of our sins. The cross Christ tells us to take up and follow Him with is our cross of self-denial, or our mortification of a lifestyle that is rebellious to God's will. 17 We must learn the difference but never separate the two kinds of death. Both deaths are necessary for us to be alive in Christ's resurrection. 18 One must die before they can be resurrected from the dead. "There shall no man see Me [God], and live [a carnal lifestyle, a self-willed life]" (Ex. 33:20). If a person believes the Lord Jesus died as his substitute and releases his self-will and lifestyle to Christ's death for the purpose of resurrecting with Christ in His resurrection, he is already united with our Lord Jesus in His death. "How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" (Rom. 6:2). For me to believe in the substitutionary work of our Lord Jesus is to believe I have already been punished in the Lord Jesus for my former sins, the sins I committed in my former Adamic life. The penalty for my sin is death, yet the Lord Jesus suffered death for me. 19 Therefore, I have died in Him. There can be no salvation otherwise. To say He died for me is to say I have already been penalized for my former sins and have already died in Him. Anyone who believes in this fact shall experience its reality, that is, leave their former lifestyle, their self-will, and the ways of the demonic world behind. 20
We are not merely to be concerned that Jesus paid the penalty for our former sins. We are also to understand that we can overcome the power of sin by being incorporated with Christ in His resurrection. 21 We are united to Christ in His death and in His resurrection for the common possession He shares with all those who believe in Him. 22 Those who are not united with the Lord have not yet believed. 23 Consequently, they have no part in Him. 24 Do you believe you are united with the Lord in His death and in His resurrection? To be united in His death and His resurrection is to experience everything He has experienced. 25
In John, chapter three the Lord tells those of us who are saved how we are united in Him in His crucifixion and death: "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up [to His death on the cross]: That whosoever believeth in Him [believes they are not only dead with Him, but also alive with Him in His resurrection. If they do, it is written they] should not perish, but have eternal life [because they are dead in His death for their former sins and alive with Him eternally in His resurrection]" (John 3:14-15).
Every believer has at the very least united themselves with Him in a death like His. Then we are most certainly united with His resurrection, which is God's eternal life in us. "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection" (Rom. 6:5). This means that he who believes the Lord Jesus died in his place, resurrected from the dead, and ascended into Heaven, he who believes that he is dead with Christ and resurrected with Him in the newness of life by God's Spirit in his, is truly born again of the Spirit and raised up in Christ. 26 This is the meaning of the "new birth." 27
Being dead in Christ's death and raised in His resurrection is the transformation, the power, and the door we must go through to enter Heaven. 28 Christ is the Door. Christ tells the whole world, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6). His rules state we are to die to our way of life so that we can have His eternal life and His lifestyle of sinlessness. 29 The Lord has explained this, but farmers understand it best. In order for crops to grow, seeds must be planted in the earth, die, then rot in order to receive the new life that God gives them to resurrect and to spring forth in new life with even more abundance. 30 In the parable of the sower, God's Word, which is seed, is sown through preaching into men's dead hearts or spirits. 31 The seed, God's Word, is both Spirit and life. 32 When a man, the seed of Adam, allows his worthless, dead life to decrease, to rot, and to die, God's life will spring forth into this man who was dead in his sins and trespasses, giving him the life of God by God's Spirit. 33 God's life in him by the Word will begin growing and maturing, and through the Spirit of God in him will begin bringing forth God's life in abundance in many others through the preaching of the Word. 34
We can see that the good Word of God must be sown into the hearts of men and received. 35 Men must die to the old, sinful, Adamic life, the life of Adam, so that it might be replaced by his receiving the life of God through Christ. 36 Jesus said, "The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit [God's Spirit], and they are life [God's life]" (John 6:63).
God's Kingdom is being established on earth in people's hearts through the preaching of the Word. 37 There are many evildoers in the world who belong to a counter-kingdom, the kingdom of evil, which is ruled by its leader, Satan. 38 In Heaven, one third of the angels existed as evil agencies. When their acts ripened until all the good angels in Heaven could see how evil they were, the Triune Godhead exiled them to earth with their leader, Satan. 39 God would not exile them before this lest the good angels think Him to be an unrighteous God. These evil ones are guilty because they became subject to Satan and led mankind astray. 40 While Christ, living and working in His people, the sowers, is busy sowing the Words of life into the dead hearts of fallen humanity, the evil ones who also live in humans, are busy sowing the seeds of rebellion into the hearts of those who will receive the seed of death. 41 This is why God's Word tells us, "Neither give place to the devil" (Eph. 4:27), but "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (Jas. 4:7). Receive the Lord Jesus Christ, "the Seed" into your heart so that you might have eternal life, God's life. God's life in us gives us power and dominion over our lustful minds, spirits, souls, and bodies. "We are more than conquerors through Him that loved us" (Rom. 8:37). God's power in us also gives us power over sin, Satan, the world, death, Hell, and the grave. 42 Our flesh is no match for the power of God in us. 43 Our life becomes whatever seed is sown into us. 44
The world is filled with a variety of useless distractions to break your concentration from the most important things, which are Christ and where you will spend eternity. Because we can't know what lies ahead from one moment to the next, it is extremely important to be interested only in Christ, who is the only way to eternal life in Heaven, and to let Christ with His Father by the Spirit live out His life in us. We don't know if we are going to live another minute, another hour, another day, or another night. 45 Jesus is calling to you. He says to you, "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest...unto your souls" (Matt. 11:28-29). Believe now that you are dead with Christ to your old life and your own self-will. Believe also that you are alive in His resurrection, and you will be saved. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). Start now by saying this prayer:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up the cross daily for the purpose of mortifying yourself, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, then submit yourself and do what the Word says, so that the Church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God's Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
World Pastor Tony Alamo
Our church receives much mail with thousands of requests for Bibles and literature. Much of our literature is printed in Hebrew, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Romanian, Polish, Czech, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Albanian, Serbian, Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, and Arabic. Pastor Alamo’s ninety-one page book, The Messiah, is currently available in Hebrew, English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, Korean, Greek, Arabic, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, and Telugu. Distributors for Alamo literature are on the increase every day throughout the world.
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature. All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD, IS THE ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND ETERNAL LIFE. 12 PASTOR ALAMO IS INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED FOR USING THE WORD OF GOD ONLY TO PRESENT IT. THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THAT TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION. 13 DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO ANOTHER.
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright March, 2001 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered March, 2001
The Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide is a division of Music Square Church, Inc.
"The Road To Power" Footnotes: return to top
1. Prov. 8:20, Ezek. 11:19, Matt. 13:19-23, 24:13, Luke 10:19, John 1:12, 3:3, 6, 6:40, 53, 56, 63, 11:25, 14:6, 16-21, 26, 15:1, 4-6, Acts 2:38-39, Rom. 8:1, 4, 11, 13-15, 31, II Cor. 3:16-17, 6:16-18, Gal. 5:16, Eph. 2:1, 5-6, 12-19, Jas. 4:7-8, Rev. 2:7, 11, 3:20 return
2. Ezek. 47:1-12, John 4:14, 20:21-22, Rom. 8:1-4, II Cor. 4:16, Eph. 2:12-16, I John 5:11-12 return
3. Eccl. 12:14, Matt. 12:36-37, Rom. 14:10-12, I Cor. 3:13, II Cor. 5:10, II Pet. 2:9, Jude 14-15 return
4. I Sam. 2:3, Job 31:6, Psa. 62:9, Dan. 5:27 return
5. John 3:6, Rom. 7:14-25, 8:1-2, 5-9, Gal. 5:16-21, Eph. 2:1-3, 11-12, 4:17-19, 22, Phlp. 3:18-21, Tit. 1:15-16, I John 2:15-17 return
6. Rom. 7:5, 8:5-8, 13-15, Gal 4:3-5, 5:16-21, I Pet. 2:11, 4:3-4, Heb. 12:14-15 return
7. John 1:12, 14:6, Rom. 8:14-16, Gal. 4:6-7, I John 3:1-2, 5:1-5, 10-12 return
8. Rom. 7:21-25, 8:1-4, 10-15 return
9. Matt. 10:1, 28:18-20, Luke 10:19, Rom. 8:31-32, 37, II Cor. 3:6, Eph. 2:5-6, Col. 2:9-10, II Tim. 1:9, I John 2:13-14, Rev. 2:11, 26-28 return
10. Isa. Ch. 53, Matt. 20:28, 26:28, Luke 22:19-20, John 1:29, 10:11, 17-18, Rom. 3:23-26, 4:25, I Cor. 15:3-4, II Cor. 5:21 return
11. Isa. 52:14, Matt. 27:27-31, 34, 39-43, Gal. 3:13, Heb. 12:2-3, I Pet. 3:18, I John 2:2 return
12. Rom. 5:6-11, 15-19, Col. 1:14, 19-22, 2:9-15, Heb. 2:9-10, 10:10-12, 19-20, I Tim. 2:5-6, I Pet. 2:21, 24, Rev. 5:9 return
13. Gen. 8:21, Psa. 14:2-3, Isa. 53:6, 64:6, Jer. 17:9, Matt. 15:18-20, Rom. 3:23 return
14. Rom. 6:2-13, 7:6, 8:10, I Cor. 15:20-23, II Cor. 5:14-15, Gal. 2:20 return
15. John 1:12, 3:14-18, 5:24, 6:29, 47, 11:25-26, 20:31, Acts 16:31, Rom. 1:16-17, 10:9-10, Gal. 2:16 return
16. Lev. 11:44, Luke 9:23, Rom. 8:13, I Cor. 1:30, 9:26-27, II Cor. 4:16, I Thes. 4:3-5, II Thes. 2:13, I Pet. 1:15-16, I John 2:15-17 return
17. Matt. 10:38-39, Luke 9:23, 14:27, Rom. 8:13, Gal. 6:14, Col. 3:1-10 return
18. Rom. 6:1-4, 7-12, 8:11-13, Phlp. 3:8-11, II Tim. 2:11, I Pet. 1:3-5, 21 return
19. Rom. 5:6-10, 6:10-11, I Cor. 15:3, II Cor. 5:15, I Thes. 5:9-10 return
20. Phlp. 3:8-11, Col. 1:21-23, Jas. 4:4, I John 2:15-17 return
21. Luke 10:19, John 16:33, I Cor. 10:13, I John 4:4, 5:4 return
22. Rom. 6:5-11, 12:4-5, I Cor. 12:12-13, Gal. 3:26-28, Eph. 5:29-30 return
23. John 17:20-23, 26, Eph. 1:13, Titus 1:15-16, Heb. 4:3-6, I John 5:10 return
24. Mark 16:16, John 13:8, Heb. 3:19 return
25. Matt. 5:11-12, 16:25, 20:21-23, 21:22, Luke 21:12-19, John 15:20-21, Acts 7:55-60, Rom. 8:11, 16-18, 14:8, II Cor. 5:17, Gal. 6:7-8, Phlp. 3:8-11, Rev. 2:10 return
26. Luke 24:46-49, Rom. 6:3-5, 8:11, I Cor. 15:52-54, Eph. 2:5-6, Col. 2:12 return
27. John 20:22, Acts 1:8, I Cor. 12:27-28, Eph. 4:11-15, Gal. 4:1-6, 19, I Pet. 2:2, II Pet. 3:18 return
28. John 10:1, 7-9 return
29. John 12:24, Rom. 6:5, 8, 11-13, 7:24-25, I Cor. 15:31, II Cor. 4:10-12, II Tim. 2:11-12 return
30. John 12:24 return
31. Matt. 13:18-30 return
32. Luke 8:11, John 1:14, 5:24, 6:63 return
33. John 6:63, 12:24, Rom. 8:10-11, 13-17, Gal. 4:4-7 return
34. Luke 14:23, Acts 2:38-47, Eph. 4:11-16, II Pet. 3:18 return
35. Matt. 13:18, 23-30, Luke 8:11, 15 return
36. Matt. 10:38-39, Luke 9:23, 14:27, John 3:14-18, 5:24, 10:10, Rom. 8:12-13, 10:9-13, Eph. 4:20-24, Col. 3:1-10, I Pet. 1:23 return
37. Matt. 11:5-6, 24:14, Mark 16:15, Acts 2:38-41, 10:42-44, 26:15-18, Rom. 10:13-15, I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 3:9, Eph. 2:18-22, Col. 1:25-29, II Tim. 4:2 return
38. I Sam. 2:12, I Kin. 22:20-23, Isa. 14:9-17, Dan. ch. 7, Zech. 3:1, Matt. 5:10-12, 12:43-45, 13:3-9, 18-30, 25:31-34, 41, 46, Mark 5:2-13, John 8:23, 37-47, 10:10, 12:31, 14:30, Acts 13:6-12, 26:18, II Cor. 6:14-18, 10:3-4, Eph. 2:1-5, 6:11-16, Phlp. 3:2-3, Col. 1:13, I Thes. 2:18, II Thes. 2:3-10, 3:2, I Pet. 5:8-9, I John 2:13-19, 3:8-12, 5:18, Rev. 9:11, chs. 12-13 return
39. Isa. 14:12-17, Ezek. 28:13-16, Luke 10:18, Jude 6, Rev. 12:3-4, 9, 12 return
40. Matt. 24:4-5, 11, 24, II Tim. 3:13, Rev. 12:9 return
41. Matt. 7:13-20, 13:24-30, 15:13-14, 23:1-9, 13-38, 24:11, 24, II Cor. 11:13-15, II Pet. 2:1-3, 10-19, I John 4:1-3, 5-6 return
42. John 17:21-23, Rom. 6:4-14, 8:37-39, Eph. 3:14-21, 6:10-12, Phlp. 4:13, Col. 1:16-18, 2:13-15, Heb. 13:20-21, I Pet. 1:3-5, I John 3:5-9 return
43. Psa. 68:35, Isa. 40:29-31, Rom. 8:10-11, 31, 37-39, I Cor. 3:16-17, 6:19-20, II Cor. 6:16, I John 2:13-14 return
44. Matt. 6:24, 13:3-8, 18-30, 25:32-46, John 3:36, 4:14, 5:24-26, 6:27, 33, 35, 40, 47, 11:25-26, 20:31, Rom. ch. 6, 8:10, Heb. 3:6-12, 15-19, 4:1-11, I Pet. 1:23, I John 1:1-2, 5:11-13, 18-20 return
45. I Thes. 5:2, 6, II Pet. 3:10-12 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return
12. John 14:6 return
13. Acts 4:12 return