Tony Alamo Christian Ministries home page
The book of Joel is one of the most symbolic and mysterious books in the Bible. The Spirit counsels Joel to speak first to those who are elders, then to all the inhabitants of the land, everyone in the world who is living in these last moments of time. 1 Those who are the elders are today's apostles, prophets, and teachers, those with gifts of miracles and healing, those who are helpers, and those who are spiritual rulers in God's government. 2
The Lord told Joel by the Holy Spirit to warn those of us who are living in these last days to listen. He writes it like this: "Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?" (Joel 1:2). There never has been a time in the world like the current days we live in, the last days, the days the living God spoke of when He told Joel to write of them. Never in the history of the world has the Word of God been revealed so much, toyed with so much, and tampered with so much as it is today, and never has there been a time where so many end-time prophecies are being fulfilled before our very eyes. 3
The Prophet Joel, along with Daniel and the Apostle John, all foretold of a one-world, satanic church government and media regime inspired and led by Satan himself. 4 It is symbolized by the Prophet Daniel as the "fourth kingdom." 5 The Apostle John symbolizes it in the book of Revelation as "the great whore," "the mother of Harlots," the false prophet, the beast, and the mouth and image of the beast. 6 This monster is symbolized in the book of Joel as a few worms and an insect. The Spirit of God through Joel says it like this: "That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten" (Joel 1:4). All this is fulfilled scripture.
This fourth satanic regime twists truth and correctness. 7 They love lies and make a lie. 8 Their destiny is Hell and the lake of fire. 9 Satan in his wrath has used many means to distract the world from hearing the Word of God. 10 He attempts to convince people who preach God's Word that there will be a terrible retribution if they continue preaching it. 11 Satan knew if he did this, it would engender an entire nation of spiritual wimps, "the fearful, and unbelieving" (Rev. 21:8). 12 Before the Lord comes back to earth, there will be a falling away from Christ. 13 This scripture also has been greatly fulfilled. God, by the Spirit, tells Joel that "He hath laid My vine waste, and barked My fig tree: he hath made it clean bare" (Joel 1:7).
Christ states in the fifteenth chapter of the book of John, "I am the Vine, ye are the branches...If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned" (John 15:5-6). Again, in Matthew 7:19, the Lord states, "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."
The vine is symbolic of Christ. 14 The branches and trees are symbolic of the members of His body, and the fruit is the souls they win. 15 The tree without fruit is symbolic of a Christian who doesn't win souls. 16 The tree that bears no fruit symbolizes a Christian who won't allow God's Spirit to be poured out through him upon all flesh. 17 So the Holy Spirit has told Joel about the satanic fourth power of the world. He says it is satanic and that it frightened certain Christians to stop serving the Lord. 18 They were told if they did not, they would be boycotted, imprisoned, killed, or persecuted in other ways. 19 Again, this stripped God's vine of fruitful branches. They were dead and without fruit because they feared Satan more than they feared God. Jesus told us, "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Matt. 10:28). Praise the Lord! God came to earth as a man to show us that if He "be for us, who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:31). 20
Around two thousand years ago, God got angry at the lukewarm Christians. 21 God came to earth as a man and lived a perfect human life by living out the life of God by the Spirit of God in Him, which had, in fact, gendered Him. 22 After living the perfect human life, He was baptized with the Holy Spirit with the power from on high. 23 He faithfully completed a three and a half year ministry, died on the cross, shed His blood for the remission of our sins, 24 was judged for our sins, was buried, resurrected on the third day, 25 instructed His disciples for forty days, 26 ascended into Heaven, 27 and poured Himself by the Holy Spirit as the Comforter into His disciples and thousands of others on the same day, the day of Pentecost. 28 For fifty days after His ascension into Heaven, His disciples tarried in Jerusalem, waiting for the same power of God from Heaven to fall upon them and to minister through them as it had in Jesus' ministry. The fifty days they waited for the promise of the Father, the power from on high, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is the power of God to minister as God ministered in Christ, were days "of darkness and of gloominess...day[s] of clouds and of thick darkness" (Joel 2:2).
The disciples knew they needed the Baptism of the Holy Spirit in order to combat the darkness, gloominess, and dark clouds that were on earth. Only then could the light of God, Christ, shine through all the days that would follow. 29 On the day the Baptism of the Holy Spirit fell upon the disciples of Christ and thousands of others, as Joel stated it would, it was like "the morning spread upon the mountains," which symbolized the continuation of the incarnation of Christ (Joel 2:2). Christ with His Father by the Spirit would now be living in and working in thousands, yea, millions of human bodies. 30 The gospel would now enlighten the entire world. 31 The gospel, by God's Spirit, would be poured out upon all flesh, because now God's servants and handmaidens would prophesy (preach by the Spirit of God in them) by the Holy Spirit. 32 The promise God gave Abraham would now be fulfilled, "In thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed [even the Gentiles]" (Gen. 22:18). This end-time prophecy, the continuation of Christ's incarnation, was the pouring out of God's Spirit upon all flesh through thousands, then millions, of human bodies controlled by the Holy Spirit approximately two thousand years ago. Just think how much closer it is to the end of time than it was then.
God told Joel that from the day of Pentecost till the end of time these individuals would be God's great people and strong people. Joel records it like this: "">A GREAT PEOPLE AND A STRONG [PEOPLE]; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it... A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness [symbolic of the Kingdom of Heaven ahead, and the earth burning behind]; yea, and nothing shall escape them [symbolic of God's Spirit being poured out upon all flesh through them]" (Joel 2:2-3). The Prophet Joel stated they would restore that which "the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, My great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25).
Since the day of Pentecost, God's Spirit has been poured out each day, and "the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47). We know that this is the fulfillment of the Word given to the Prophet Joel. On the day this happened, the Apostle Peter stood before thousands of unsaved people from many different countries and echoed the words of the Prophet Joel: "This is that which was spoken by the Prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [preach], and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy [preach]" (Acts 2:16-18, Joel 2:28-29).
Christ's ministry was three and a half years. 33 At the time of the beginning of the fulfillment of this prophecy, the day the church began, Pentecost, was considered the beginning of the end of time. This was approximately two thousand years ago. Again, let's try to remain conscious of how much closer we are to the end of time than they were.
The tree of life is the Word of God and is also Christ. 34 The wicked never seek God. 35 They are frustrated when they attempt to read the Bible because, being carnal, they cannot understand its deep spiritual, symbolic meanings. 36 God gave the Bible by His Spirit to the prophets and apostles, 37 much of it in symbols, so that this way of life would be impossible to the wicked. 38 God sometimes uses symbols, figures, and types in His Word, making the Bible a code so that only the righteous can understand it, learn it, and know it. 39 It is only fair for God to hide His Word from the sinners who think they are hiding their sins from God. 40 God is not mocked, the sinner is. God's Words mock the sinner for mocking God: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Gal. 6:7). 41 By hiding their sins they cut themselves off from the ability to hear, understand, and receive God's Words, God's life, God's power, and the rest of God's blessings. It is a code they cannot break without confessing their sins, repenting of their sins, and continuing in God's service by walking in His Spirit till the end, never fainting in well doing. 42 This code is the same as an invisible flaming sword before God's Word, just as the flaming sword stood before the tree of life in the Garden of Eden. 43 It is purposely placed there by God so that the wicked cannot eat from the tree of life, Christ, the Word of God, lest they put forth their hand "and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" (Gen. 3:22). 44
No one can know God until Christ the tree of life, the Spirit of God, is living and working in them. 45 First Christ must be accepted into the human spirit, then those who will be righteous must entirely reject the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, all carnality. 46 We can only know and understand God the Word through Christ, the tree of life. 47 The deep, spiritual, symbolic code of God's Word, this flaming sword, keeps all the wicked riffraff out of God's Kingdom.
God gave His Word to the prophets. They were moved and inspired, spoken to by God through His Holy Spirit. 48 Sometimes the Word came to them symbolically as it did Joel, Daniel, John, and the others. God reserved the meaning of the scriptures for the ones He called and chose, the ones God knew would do His work, those who would always be conscious of His presence, conscious of their calling, and conscious of how close they are to the great and terrible day of the Lord. 49
When God calls a person into His service, His work, it is a blessing. 50 He foreknows who will seek Him and serve Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. 51 He knows, too, the ones He can use to bless the other inhabitants of the earth with through their allowing the Holy Spirit to both reprove the world of sin through them and make known to the world the Word of God. 52 Some will hear and repent by coming to Christ, then let Christ do His same works in them.
Sometimes the prophets were not privileged to know or understand the symbolic meaning of the words God gave them to write. This is because it was God's will to open the revelation, which was given unto them, later at the end of time. 53 Now the time is at hand for the world to see and understand how true it was that the prophets and the apostles were spoken to by God. 54 The evidence of their having heard from God shall be even more obvious when the prophecy of His fourteen major plagues, which shall soon affect every living thing on earth, comes to pass. 55
The time in which we now live is the very time the prophets, Jesus, and the apostles foretold as being the end of time. 56 Again, the symbolic things the prophets wrote were not clearly understood when they first received them from God. Now they are open and easy for us to understand. We not only know the meaning of them, but we feel them and are experiencing them. Hundreds of prophecies have already been fulfilled-three hundred thirty-three of them concerning the first coming of the Lord Jesus Christ alone. 57
The book of Daniel, the book of Joel, the entire Old and New Testament, and especially the book of Revelation-all are now open to our understanding. 58 There has never been a time in history such as this time, a time where the entire Bible is open unto us and understood by us. 59 Every day we see the prophecies given by Christ, the prophets, and the apostles fulfilled. 60 We are standing at the threshold of eternity. 61 Listen up. Become aware of the Bible prophecies so that you can be aware of their fulfillment all around you, in you, and through you, as well as in and through Christ's disciples today.
How foolish are the things people do today when you compare them to the things God wants us to do. 62 Stop it. We're right at the end of time. 63 Begin your life with the Lord now by saying this prayer:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up the cross daily for the purpose of mortifying yourself, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, then submit yourself and do what the Word says, so that the Church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God's Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
World Pastor Tony Alamo
Pastor Tony Alamo’s Radio broadcasts can be heard everywhere in the United States, Canada, and throughout the world.
To receive information of the Radio Station in your area where Pastor Alamo can be heard, e-mail us at: info[at]alamoministries.com or fax 479-782-7406. Explore Pastor Tony Alamo’s website, www.alamoministries.com or listen to his messages at wmqm1600.com.
Win souls. Become a distributor of Pastor Tony Alamo’s gospel literature and tapes. For information e-mail: info[at]alamoministries.com or fax 479-782-7406 your requests.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 6467
Texarkana, Texas 75505
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (479) 782-7370 / FAX (479) 782-7406
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life to all those who truly want serve the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. and 8 P.M. at the following locations:
13136 Sierra Hwy., Canyon Country, California 91390, 4401 Windsor Dr., Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904
Services are also held in Elizabeth, New Jersey, and fifteen minutes south of Texarkana, Arkansas. Call for locations.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Free transportation to and from services provided at the following locations:
5th and Broadway, Los Angeles, California daily at 5:30 P.M. Sundays at 12:30 P.M. and 5:30 P.M.
Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, California, daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. and 6:30 P.M.
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Taped messages are available as well.
CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD, IS THE ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND ETERNAL LIFE. 12 PASTOR ALAMO IS INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED FOR USING THE WORD OF GOD ONLY TO PRESENT IT. THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THAT TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION. 13 DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO ANOTHER.
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© January, 2001 All rights reserved
World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered January, 2001
The Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide is a division of Music Square Church, Inc.
"The Code" Footnotes: return to top
1. Joel 1:1-3 return
2. I Cor. 12:28, Eph.4:11-12 return
3. Isa. 5:20, Matt. 24:3-35, Luke 21:29-36, II Thes. 2:2-4, II Tim. 3:1-5, II Pet. 3:3-4, I John 2:18 return
4. Dan. 7:7, 19-23, Joel 1:6-7, Rev. 13:1-8, 11-18, chs. 5, 17 & 18 return
5. Dan. 2:40-43, 7:7, 19-23 return
6 Rev. 13:14-15, 16:13, 17:1, 5, 20:10 return
7. Isa. 5:20, Dan. 7:23, 25, John 8:44, 10:10, II Cor. 4:4, 11:14-15, Rev. 2:20-22, 12:9-10, 13-17 return
8. Rev. 22:15 return
9. Rev. 19:20, 20:10 return
10. Matt. 13:21-22, Mark 4:14-15, II Cor. 4:3-4 return
11. Luke 2:12, 16-17, John 15:20, I Cor. 6:1, Gal. 4:16, II Tim. 3:12, I Pet. 5:8, Rev. 2:10, 6:10-11, 12:10-12, 13:16-17, 14:9-11, 20:4 return
12. Matt. 20:16, 24:10, 12, I Cor. 9:27, Gal. 2:4, I Thes. 5:3, Rev. 12:9, 17:13-14 return
13. Matt. 24:10, II Thes. 2:3, I John 2:18-19 return
14. John 15:1, 4-10 return
15. Ps.1:1-3, Prov. 11:30, Jer. 17:7-8, Matt. 13:18-23, Luke 8:15, John 15:2-10, 16, Rom. 7:4, 11:16-24, Jas. 5:7 return
16. Matt. 3:10, 21:19, John 15:2, 4, 6 return
17. John 7:38, 21:15-17, Titus 3:14, Jude 12 return
18. Joel 1:6-7, Rev. 21:8, Mark 4:16-17 return
19. Matt. 5:11-12, Luke 21:12-19, Rev. 2:10 return
20. Rom. 8:35-39, Phlp. 4:13, I John 4:4 return
21. Rev. 3:15-19 return
22. Matt. 3:17, John 1:18, 3:16, Heb. 4:15, 5:5, 8-9, I John 4:9-10 return
23. Matt. 3:16-17, John 1:32-34 return
24. Matt. 26:28, Mark 15:22-39, Rom. 3:23-25, Heb. 9:26-28 return
25. Luke 24:1-7, 15-31, I Cor. 6:14, Rev. 1:18 return
26. Matt. 28:9-10, 16-20, Mark 16:9-20, John ch. 20, Acts 1:1-9 return
27. Mark 16:19, Luke 24: 50-51, Acts 1:9, Eph. 1:20-23, 4:8-10, Heb. 4:14 return
28. Acts 1:5, 8, 2:1-18, 37-47 return
29. Luke 24:49, John 14:16-21, 23, 26, 15:26, 16:7-14 return
30. Joel 2:1-11, Ezek 36:27, Matt. 24:14, Mark 16:15-16, John 14:10-12, 15-20, 23, 26, Acts 1:8, 2:38-41, 10:42-44, 26:17-18, II Cor. 6:16-18, Gal. 3:26-29, Eph. 2:18-22, Col. 1:27-29, Heb. 8:10, I John 3:24 return
31. Matt. 4:16-17, 5:16, 24:14, Mark 16:15-19, Luke 2:30-32, John 1:3-9, Acts 13:47, 26:15-18, II Cor. 4:6 return
32. Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:16-18 return
33. The Messiah Book by Tony Alamo - pp. 28-29, Luke 3:21-23, John 8:57-58 return
34. Psa. 36:8-9, John 1:4, 3:36, 4:14, 5:26, 6:35, 47-48, 10:10, 11:25-26, 20:31, I John 5:11-13, Rev. 2:7, 22:1-2, 14 return
35. Psa. 10:4, 119:155, Prov. 1:24-31 return
36. Rom. 8:3-9, I Cor. 2:14 return
37. II Pet. 1:19-21 return
38. Matt. 11:27, 13:10-19, 15:14, John 3:5-7, 10, 4:23-24, Acts 1:7, 28:25-27, Rom. 1:16-23, 8:1, 3-9, I Cor. 2:9-16, 12:8-10, II Cor. 3:6, 5:17, Eph. 1:17-18 return
39. Prov. 1:6, 25:2, I Cor. 2:14, II John 9 return
40. Rom. 8:7-8, I Cor. 2:11-14 return
41. Gal. 6:6-9 return
42. Prov. 28:13, Matt. 24:13, Mark 13:13, Rom. 8:1, 4, Gal. 6:5-9, II Thes.3:13 return
43. Gen. 3:24 return
44. Matt. 11:25-27, I Cor. 2:14 return
45. John 14:16-17, Rom. 8:5-9, I Cor. 2:9-14 return
46. John 6:53-58, Rom. 8:4-9, 12:1-2, Jas. 4:4, I John 2:15-17 return
47. Matt. 11:27, 17:5, John 3:34, 9:5, 10:7, 11:27, 12:50, 14:1, 6, 9-10, 26, 15:5, Rom. 8:3, I Cor. 1:24, I Tim. 2:5, Rev. 21:6 return
48. II Kin. 17:13, Jer. 36:1-8, Zech. 7:12, Acts 28:25, I Cor. 14:37, I Thes. 2:13, II Tim. 3:16-17, Heb. 1:1-2, 3:7-8, I Pet. 1:11-12, II Pet. 1:21, I John 1:1-5, Rev. 1:1-2, 11, 19, 2:7, 22:6-8 return
49. Matt. 11:27, John 10:3-5, 15:14-16, 17:8-11, Rom. 8:1, 3-4, I Tim. 2:5 return
50. Eph. 1:3-6, 2:1-7, I Pet. 2:9, II Pet. 1:10-11 return
51. I Sam. 16:7, Prov. 5:21, 15:3, Isa. 46:9-10, Jer. 1:5, John 15:16, Acts 13:48, Heb. 4:13 return
52. Matt. 10:7-8, Mark 16:15-18, Acts 2:38-41, 10:34, 39-44, 26:15-18, Rom. 7:4, 10:13-15, I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 9:16-17, Eph. 2:8-10, 3:2-11, Col. 1:25-29, II Tim. 4:2 return
53. Dan. 8:17, Rev. 1:1-3, 2:17, 10:4, 7, 22:10 return
54. Dan. ch. 7, Matt. 24:3-15, 24, 32-34, 36-39, II Thes. 2:3-12, II Tim. 3:1-5, Rev. 13:1-9, 11-18, ch. 17 return
55. Isa. 24:19-20, Joel 2:31, 3:15, Matt. 24:29, Acts 2:20, Rev. 8:7-12, 9:1-19, 11:15-19, 16:1-12, 17-21 return
56. Dan. ch. 7, Matt. 24:3, 6-15, 32-39, II Tim. 3:1-5 return
57. The Messiah Book by Tony Alamo return
58. John 14:26, Rom. 9:28, Rev. 10:7 return
59. Dan. 8:16-17, 10:1-14, Matt. ch. 24, Rev. 1:1-3, 2:7, 10:4-7, 22:10 return
60. Joel 2:28-29, Matt. ch. 24, Acts 2:16-18, I Thes. 5:1-3 return
61. Matt. ch. 24, Luke 21:29-36, Rom. 13:11, II Tim. 3:1-5, I Pet. 4:7, II Pet. 3:3-4, I John 2:18 return
62. Eccl. 1:2-3, 12:13, Matt. 22:37-40, 24:37-39, Luke 9:23-26, John 15:14, I John 2:15-17 return
63. Rev. ch. 13 return
"Prayer" Footnotes:return to top
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return
12. John 14:6 return
13. Acts 4:12 return