DIVORCE IS SIN
by Tony Alamo
JESUS says, “Whosoever shall put away his wife, SAVING for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit ADULTERY: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery” (Matthew 5:32). GOD, JESUS, condemns divorce except for the cause of fornication.1 If you divorce your wife for any other cause than fornication, you are the cause of her committing ADULTERY. Is ADULTERY a sin which would cause a person to go to HELL? Yes! Adultery is one of the ten big sins!2 Is divorce a big sin? Yes, because it is the cause of adultery!
Is having more than one wife a sin? NEVER! Search the scriptures and see for yourself. There is never any condemnation from GOD the WORD, who is JESUS, for having more than one wife.3 Why not have another wife or more instead of divorcing the one you have and being the cause of adultery? If you have children, you are causing their mother to commit adultery. You are also breaking the hearts of your children and causing their mother to work, which forces her to neglect your children! It is much better to stay married than to burn in the Lake of Fire. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. For the LORD, the GOD of Israel, saith that HE hateth putting away” (Malachi 2:15-16).
Many scriptures condone “many wives”!!! The WORD of GOD NEVER says that marriage is between one man and one woman. However, the WORD of GOD always condemns marriage between men and men, or women and women.4 And if you have more than one wife, GOD condemns group sex, having sex with more than one wife at one time.
Why would you put the woman you once loved dearly out in the streets, and with your children, especially when there is a Hell where you will go for doing what JESUS the WORD of GOD commands you not to do? HE also tells you that she and you will both go to Hell for her adultery, and for your causing her to commit adultery!
GOD knows what I am saying is the TRUTH. THE LAW of GOD actually enforces having more than one wife!5 But JESUS NEVER condones DIVORCE, except in the case of fornication (Matthew 5:32)!
Check Webster’s Dictionary, especially the older versions. It will tell you that childhood ends at puberty! Rebekah, Isaac’s wife, was married to Isaac when she was ten years old, and Isaac was forty years old.6
History tells us Mary, the mother of JESUS, was a preteen woman before JESUS was conceived in her womb by the HOLY SPIRIT!7
The people of the United States are ignorant of GOD and HIS WORD, JESUS! This is why there are so many teenage pregnancies, preteen pregnancies, and abortions (murders). The devil is behind all of this. There are four thousand abortions daily.
When these preteen women (and I say women because they have reached puberty) reach womanhood, their natural GOD-GIVEN INSTINCTS are to want to become brides, mothers, parents. Yet they are forbidden to marry and have children. This is NOT OF GOD, and if it is not of GOD, it has to be of the devil. The Bible says so in 1 Timothy 4:1-5: “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; FORBIDDING TO MARRY, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of GOD is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the WORD of GOD and prayer.”
Adultery is a sin, a sin that will send your soul to Hell.8 Divorce is also a sin that will cause your soul to go to Hell, except for the cause of adultery.
GOD personally GAVE KING DAVID many WIVES.9 HE, by Nathan the prophet, told David, “And I gave thee thy master’s house, and thy master’s wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things” (2 Samuel 12:8).
When some people reach the age of puberty, it is their NATURAL GOD-given instinct to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth. “And God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it” (Genesis 1:28, 9:1, 7). To do otherwise is NOT of GOD, but it is of Antichrist, the devil.
It is a commandment for the people of GOD to marry, some at puberty, and to multiply! Get your soul saved by saying this prayer:
My LORD and my GOD, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the SON of the living GOD. 2 I believe that HE died on the cross and shed HIS precious blood for the forgiveness of all my former sins. 3 I believe that GOD raised JESUS from the dead by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT 4 and that HE sits on the right hand of GOD at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart, and I invite YOU into my heart, LORD JESUS. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that YOU shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 YOU will not turn me away, LORD JESUS; YOU will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because YOUR WORD, the Bible, says so. 8 YOUR WORD says that YOU will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that YOU have heard me, and I know that YOU have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank YOU, LORD JESUS, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as YOU command and sin no more.11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up your cross daily and follow JESUS for the purpose of mortifying your flesh, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of CHRIST.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of CHRIST. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God with Christ on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for GOD in CHRIST on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the WORD of GOD, submit yourselves one to another, and do what the WORD says so that the church and the world may see evidence of your submission to GOD’S WORD, HIS order, and HIS authority in and by you.
Praise the LORD. May GOD bless and reward you abundantly.
Yours in the wonderful name of JESUS,
Pastor Tony Alamo
English Alamo Literature
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
FAX (661) 252-4362
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. & 8 P. M. at the Los Angeles area Church:
13136 Sierra Hwy., Santa Clarita, CA 91390,
Free transportation to and from services provided at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. & 6:30 P.M.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature.
All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature, please call (661) 252-5686 collect.
THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).
DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright November, 2011 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2011
Divorce Is Sin footnotes:
1. Mal. 2:13-16, Mark 10:2-12, 1 Cor. 7:10-16, 27, 39 return
2. Ex. 20:14, Lev. 20:10-12, Deut. 5:18, Prov. 6:32, Jer. 23:14, 29:22-23, Hos. 4:1-2, Matt. 5:27-28, 19:17-19, Mark 10:2-12, 19, Rom. 13:8-10 return
3. Gen. 16:3, 25:1-6, 29:15-30, 30:3-4, 9-10, Ex. 2:21-22, Num. 10:29, 12:1-15, Judg. 1:16, 4:11, 8:30, 10:3-4, 12:8-9, 13-14, 1 Sam. 1:1-2, 18:27, 25:39-44, 2 Sam. 3:2-5, 5:13-16, 12:7-8, 15:16, 1 Chron. 2:46-48, 3:1-9, 7:4, 2 Chron. 13:21, 24:2-3, Isa. 4:1, Hos. 1:2-3, 3:1-3 return
4. Gen. 19:1-13, 24-25, Lev. 18:22, 20:13, Deut. 23:17, Judg. 19:22-30, 20:12-13, Matt. 5:17, Rom. 1:18-32, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:1-5, Jude 7 return
5. Ex. 21:10, Deut. 21:15-17, 25:5-10 return
6. The Book of Jasher 24:39-45, Gen. 24:57-67, 25:20 return
7. Everyday Life in Bible Times, National Geographic Society, p. 305; The Encyclopedia of Judaism, MacMillan Publishing Co., p. 462; The Bible Almanac, Thomas Nelson Publishers, p. 414; Jewish Literacy, Rabbi Joseph Telushkin, pp. 611-612; The Lion Encyclopedia of the Bible, Reader’s Digest Assoc., Inc., p. 166; The Path’s of Culture, Kaj Birket-Smith, p. 304; Manners and Customs in the Bible, Victor H. Matthews, p. 21; Women in the Ancient Near East, Abingdon Press, pp. 960-961; Marriage Laws and Decisions in the United States, Geoffrey May LL.B., pp. 9-10; Law of Marriage and Divorce Simplified, Richard V. MacKay, LLB., LLM, (Harvard), pp. 5, 8; Strange Customs of Courtship and Marriage, William J. Fielding, p. 166; A Guide to Jewish Religious Practice, Isaac Klein, p. 397 return
8. Ex. 20:14, Deut. 5:18, Prov. 6:32, Mal. 3:5-6, Matt. 5:27-32, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Gal. 5:19-21, Heb. 13:4, Jude 7 return
9. 2 Sam. 12:7-8 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return