by Tony Alamo
Let us never trust our good works, but in the compassion the LORD has for you and for me.1 Whether we have been set free from one demon spirit or a legion of them, we should do as JESUS told the man from whom two thousand evil spirits had been cast out and sent into a great herd of swine. The man wanted to go with JESUS, to always be with Him (Mark 5:18). But JESUS told him, No, not yet. This is the same thing JESUS told me when I saw a vision of Him while I was wide awake and wanted more than anything in the world to always be with Him. I have never been or could ever be more disappointed than I was when JESUS told me, “Not now.” HE told the former “Legion,” “Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the LORD hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee” (Mark 5:19). (When I had the vision of the LORD, I had no demons; I had been saved for quite some time).
This is what the LORD wants all of us to do.2 We are to get out of the graveyard where we have been living among the tombs, the dead (we ourselves being dead in spirit with no hope for us).3 JESUS has shown us freedom from the devil, from death, and from ugly, cold, and bitter darkness.4
Before JESUS, before GOD came into my life, I became bitter and cold. By studying the Bible, I now realize the things GOD says in HIS WORD about everything, including people, are true. Whether they have one demon that possesses them or a legion of them, they are still possessed, and they are blind, blind to their spiritual condition, and blind to the exact, precise, and narrow path to eternal life. When “Legion” was able to see this, all he wanted to do was to be with JESUS, and to do what JESUS said.
JESUS had compassion for this man. HE let the people of the city and the country observe that the man was no longer possessed with the devil. The man was calmly sitting, clothed, and in his right mind, and the people became afraid of JESUS (Mark 5:15). Why were they afraid of JESUS? They were not afraid when the man had two thousand devils in him, more than the number of demons living in other people who were possessed with devils. Today, it is the same thing. People are not afraid of the multitudes of devils living around them, people who are possessed with millions of demons in them. They are not afraid to live around legions of demons that, from time to time, rape people, blow up buildings (such as the Federal Building in Oklahoma City and the World Trade Center in New York City), those who murdered the Christians at Waco, and turn your sons and daughters on to pornography, fornication, abortion, and who knows what they will demonically do next?
Who were the people in “Legion’s” city afraid of? It was JESUS! And who are the people of the world and government afraid of today? The people of JESUS, the people who have JESUS living in them, the ones who have the power of JESUS living in them and are carrying and preaching the WORD of GOD! Not only are they afraid of them—they hate them!5 So the people of the devil’s government (not the true government of GOD6) have decided to destroy CHRIST’s people.7 If you will notice, the only enemy of the world, according to the secular government and ungodly people, is GOD, or so they have said in their wicked and deceived hearts. “Let’s murder Him,” they said, when JESUS healed the man with the withered hand (Matthew 12:9-14). Today they don’t say, “Let’s thank GOD for not yet destroying us, but for patiently waiting for us to accept HIS mercy,” because it is not the will of GOD that anyone should perish, since HE desires the salvation of everyone.8
So, the man who formerly had a legion living in him, now in his right mind, “departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things JESUS had done for him: and all men did marvel” (Mark 5:20). Whether JESUS cast one devil out of a person or two thousand, you would think any person would be happy to be rid of the unclean, dirty spirit or spirits causing their soul to be condemned. You would think they would be thankful enough to give glory to GOD, find their “friends, and tell them how great things the LORD hath done [for them and] for thee, and hath had compassion on thee,” and all men will marvel (Mark 5:19-20).
Many people have become disenchanted with certain people they have had dealings with during their life. These people have made themselves cold, hateful, and bitter. The more this has happened in a person’s lifetime, the more thankful they will be when they come to realize how compassionate GOD truly is and how very, very much HE loves them. HIS love for them and us is beyond knowledge! Ephesians 3:16-21 says, “That HE [GOD] would grant you, according to the riches of HIS glory, to be strengthened with [HIS] might by HIS Spirit in the inner man; That CHRIST may [by the Holy Spirit] dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love [which is the keeping of GOD’s commandments9], May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know THE LOVE OF CHRIST, WHICH PASSETH KNOWLEDGE, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of GOD. Now unto Him [JESUS, who is the triune GOD10] that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in US, Unto Him be glory in the church by CHRIST JESUS throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”
Our souls may have been bound in chains by Satan, but our souls can be set free by JESUS.11 How wonderful! How marvelous! This is why the devil’s government and its friends want to put our bodies in bonds and chains, in prisons and in jails.12 This is also to the glory of GOD.13 Doing whatever gives glory to GOD is the purpose of every true born-of-the-Spirit saint.14
How can we, if we are properly focused, murmur or complain?15 Give glory to GOD! Give praises and thanksgiving because CHRIST JESUS has cast that devil or those devils out of your body! “GO HOME” (Mark 5:19). JESUS is now in you.16
Maybe you were like “Legion,” the man who was in the mountains and in the tombs, who was filled with two thousand evil spirits, crying and cutting himself with stones. Let demons in you be cast out of you in the name of JESUS, who will cast them into the pits of Hell by the power of the Holy Spirit. Don’t let the devil, demons, live in you any longer.17 Surrender your entire heart, soul, and life unto CHRIST, and experience complete victory with happiness, joy, and life eternal with JESUS by saying this prayer:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up your cross daily and follow Jesus for the purpose of mortifying your flesh, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God with Christ on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God in Christ on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, submit yourselves one to another, and do what the Word says so that the church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God’s Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God bless and reward you abundantly.
Yours in the wonderful name of Jesus,
Pastor Tony Alamo
Tony Alamo is probably the greatest patriot this country has ever known.
English Alamo Literature
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo, World Pastor
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
FAX (661) 252-4362
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held every evening at 8 P.M. and Sunday at 3 P.M. & 8 P. M. at the Los Angeles area Church:
13136 Sierra Hwy., Santa Clarita, CA 91390,
Free transportation to and from services provided at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA daily at 6:30 P.M., Sundays at 1:30 P.M. & 6:30 P.M.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature.
All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
If anyone is attempting to charge you for this literature, please call (661) 252-5686 collect.
THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).
DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright January, 2011 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2011
Here Is Total Peace footnotes:
1. Psa. 40:5-6, 127:1-2, Isa. 2:22, Ch. 53, 57:12, 64:6, Matt. 5:20, 6:25-26, 7:21-23, Luke 18:9-14, John 6:51, Rom. 3:20-31, 4:1-8, 5:6-9, 9:16, 31-32, 2 Cor. 8:9, Gal. 2:16, Eph. 2:4-9, 13-18, Phlp. 3:3, 8-9, Col. 1:14, 20-23, 2:13-15, 2 Tim. 1:9, Titus 3:4-5, Heb. 7:24-27, Rev. 1:5-6 return
2. Dan. 12:3, Matt. 10:7-8, 28:19-20, Mark 6:15-20, Luke 24:46-48, Acts 1:8, 2:38-41, 10:39-43, Rom. 7:4, 10:13-15, 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 9:16-17, Eph. 3:2-10, Col. 1:25-29, 2 Tim. 4:2, 5 return
3. Luke 1:76-79, John 5:24-26, 6:53-58, Rom. 7:5-6, 24-25, 8:6-17, 2 Cor. 6:14-18, Eph. 2:10, 4:21-24, Heb. 13:12-14 return
4. Isa. 9:2, Matt. 4:16, Luke 4:18-19, John 1:4-13, 8:12, 31-36, 12:46, Acts 26:18, Rom. 3:10-26, 5:6-21, Ch. 6, 7:1-6, 14-25, 8:1-17, Gal. 3:13, 4:3-9, 21-31, 5:1, Eph. 2:1-7, 13-18, Col. 1:12-14, 20-23, 2:13-15, Heb. 2:14 return
5. Jer. 20:8, Matt. 5:10-12, 6:24, 10:16-18, 21-28, 23:34-35, John 15:18-21, 16:1-2, 17:14, Rom. 8:17, 35-37, 1 Cor. 4:9-13, 2 Cor. 4:8-12, Gal. 4:28-29, 2 Tim. 2:9, James 4:4, 1 John 3:13, Rev. 6:9-11, 7:13-17, 11:3-12 return
6. Isa. 9:6-7, Matt. 5:17-20, Luke 16:16-17, Rom. 8:2-4, 13:1-2 return
7. Dan. 7:7-26, Rev. 2:9-11, 11:3-12, Ch. 13, 16:10-14, 17:1-6, 19:1-3, 17-21, 20:4, 7-10 return
8. Ex. 34:6-7, Num. 14:18, Prov. 1:20-33, Jer. 3:12, Joel 2:10-14, Jonah Ch. 3, Rom. 2:4-11, 1 Pet. 3:20, 2 Pet. 3:3-15, Rev. 16:8-11 return
9. Ex. 20:6, Deut. 7:9, 11:1, 30:16, Josh. 22:5, John 14:21-23, 15:10, 1 John 5:1-3, 2 John 1:6 return
10. Gen. 1:1-2, 26, Isa. 9:6, 42:1, 48:16, 59:21, Mic. 5:2, Matt. 1:23, 28:18, John 1:1-3, 10-14, 4:23-24, 10:30, 37-38, 12:44-45, 14:6-11, 13, 16-20, 23, 15:26, 17:11, 21-23, 1 Cor. 1:23-24, 8:6, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 3:9, 19, Col. 1:12-17, 2:9-10, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 2:10, 11:3, 1 John 2:23, 5:7, 20, Rev. 19:13 return
11. Isa. 9:2, Matt. 4:16, Luke 4:18-19, John 1:4-13, 8:12, 31-36, 12:46, Acts 26:18, Rom. 3:10-26, 5:6-21, 6:3-14, 22-23, 8:1-2, 6-17, Gal. 3:13, 4:4-5, 5:1, Eph. 2:1-7, 13-18, Col. 1:12-14, 20-23, 2:13-15, Heb. 2:14-15 return
12. Isa. 66:5, Luke 21:12-19, 2 Tim. 2:9, 12, Heb. 10:32-34, Rev. 2:9-10, 13 return
13. Psa. 34:4-7, 50:15, Matt. 10:16-18, Rom. 8:17, 35-37, 2 Cor. 4:8-12, Gal. 2:20, Rev. 11:3-12, 12:11 return
14. Psa. 22:22-23, 25, 34:1-3, 86:12-13, Isa. 12:4, Matt. 6:9-10, 7:21-25, Luke 9:23-24, 18:10-14, Rom. 6:12-13, 12:1-2, 15:5-9, 1 Cor. 1:17, 26-29, 2 Cor. 4:8-12, 12:9, Gal. 6:14, 2 Thes. 1:7-10 return
15. Rom. 1:21, 1 Cor. 10:10-11, Col. 3:15 return
16. Ezek. 36:27, John 14:15-20, 23, 26, 15:3-7, 17:21-23, 26, Rom. 8:10-11, 1 Cor. 3:9, 16-17, 2 Cor. 6:16-18, Gal. 2:20, Eph. 3:16-21, Phlp. 2:13, Col. 1:27-29, 2 Tim. 1:14, 1 John 3:24, 4:4, Rev. 3:19-21 return
17. 2 Cor. 10:3-5, Eph. 4:27, Col. 2:13-15, 1 Tim. 6:11-12, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:1-9, Jude 6, Rev. 12:9-12, 20:10, 21:8 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return