THE NEW COVENANT,
WHICH IS THE
LAST OF THE FOUR GREAT FAITH-
BUILDING COVENANTS INTO WHICH
GOD ENTERED WITH ISRAEL, IS
THE NEW COVENANT
by Tony Alamo
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE NEW COVENANT, THE TESTAMENT
GOD guarantees Israel a converted heart as the foundation of all her blessings.1 According to the Old Testament principle that such a conversion will be effected by the shedding of the blood of the MESSIAH,2 this covenant requires a sacrifice acceptable to GOD as the foundation on which it is instituted.3 Inasmuch as the offering up of the SON of GOD is the center of the age-long plan of redemption, and since this covenant includes this offering, great importance is to be attached to it.4 The entire covenant takes on importance, in addition, because so many theologians attempt to show that the church is fulfilling Israel’s covenants, since the church today is redeemed by blood. If the church fulfills this covenant, she may also fulfill the other covenants made with Israel, and there will be no need for an earthly carnal millennium. It will be SPIRITUAL. Because of these problems or potential arguments, the New Covenant must be studied.
THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW COVENANT
The New Covenant promise to Israel is stated in Jeremiah 31:31-34. “Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which MY covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put MY law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their GOD, and they shall be MY people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know ME, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more [they will repent. They, by faith in JESUS, shall be saved].”
The Apostle Paul writes by the HOLY SPIRIT concerning the Jews (not Gentiles) in Romans 9:3-13: “For I could wish that myself were accursed from CHRIST for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of GOD, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh CHRIST came [to the world in the flesh of a human being], who is over all, GOD blessed for ever. Amen.
“Not as though the WORD of GOD hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel [such as Judas Iscariot,5 Ananias and his wife Sapphira,6 Dathan and Abiram, all those who rebelled against GOD in the wilderness,7 those without faith,8 and those like Esau, who didn’t care for the covenant9]: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children [of GOD, of faith]: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. [In reality, Isaac was raised from the dead. Sarah’s womb was dead because she was past the age of being able to have children, about ninety; and Abraham was around one hundred, so it was impossible for him, without GOD, to gender a child.10 Howbeit, Isaac was conceived in Sarah’s womb, and after Sarah’s death after giving birth to Isaac, Abraham gendered many sons by other wives (Gen. 25:1-6).] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of GOD: but the children of the promise [through Isaac, the covenant Jews] are counted for the seed [Abraham, Isaac, Israel]. For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah [not Hagar or Abraham’s future wives] shall have a son.
“And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one [Isaac], even by our [Jewish] father Isaac; (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of GOD according to election might stand, not of works, but of HIM [GOD] that calleth;) It was said unto her, The elder [Esau] shall serve the younger [Jacob—later Israel]. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated (Rom. 9:3-13).”
But the word unconditional in this covenant does not mean even if they sin; no, not at all.11 It means that it is for the Jews who believe GOD, who hate sin and who honor GOD and honor those who keep HIS covenant! With this in mind, unconditional means unchangeable.
1. The New Covenant is an unconditional grace covenant which rests on the “I will.” It is GOD’S will. The repeating of these words in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is remarkable (Ezek. 16:60-62).
2. The New Covenant is an everlasting covenant. This is closely related to the fact that it is unconditional to believers, so long as they continue to the end,12 and made in grace (GOD’S power in CHRIST13) (Isa. 61:2, Ezek. 37:26, Jer. 31:35-37).
3. The New Covenant also promises the impartation of a renewed mind and heart which GOD’S WORD calls regeneration (Jer. 31:33, Isa. 59:21).14
4. The New Covenant provides for restoration to the favor and blessing of GOD (Hosea 2:19-20, Isa. 61:9).
5. And, of course, forgiveness of sin is included in the covenant: “For I will forgive [remove] their iniquity [by the blood of the MESSIAH], and I will remember their [former] sin no more” (Jer. 31:34 b).15
6. The indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT is also included. This is observed by comparing Jeremiah 31:33 with Ezekiel 36:27.16
7. The teaching ministry of the HOLY SPIRIT will be manifested, and the will of GOD will be known by obedient hearts (Jer. 31:34).17
8. And GOD always, when Israel is in the land, will bless her materially in accordance with the provision of the covenant (Jer. 32:41, Isa. 61:8, Ezek. 34:25-27).
9. This sanctuary will be rebuilt in Jerusalem, for it is written “I… will set MY sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. MY tabernacle also shall be with them” (Ezek. 37:26-27). We are the temple of GOD and the people of the New Jerusalem.18
10. War shall cease, and peace shall reign, according to the HOLY SPIRIT through Hosea 2:18 and Isaiah 2:4.19
11. The blood of the LORD JESUS CHRIST is the foundation of all the blessings of the New Covenant, for “by the blood of THY [New] covenant I have sent forth THY prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water” (Zech. 9:11).20
By way of summarizing, it can be said that as far as the Old Testament is concerned, the covenant was and still is made with the Jewish people.21 There has always been a remnant, but the period of fulfillment began when they first came back to Israel in 1947-1948. This will continue until the end, to eternity. Its provisions for the nation Israel are glorious, and they all rest and depend on the very WORD of GOD.
The confirmation of this covenant is in the statement in Isaiah 61:8-9, where it is called everlasting, and again in Ezekiel 37:21-28. There these points are made.
1. Israel is to be regathered (this happened in 1947-1948).
2. Israel is to be one nation (it now is) ruled by one king (the true Israel is ruled by one king, JESUS).
3. Israel no longer will worship idols (true Israel no longer does). They have been cleansed, forgiven.
4. Israel is to dwell “forever” in the land after their regeneration, and after their regathering.
5. The covenant of peace with them (the elect) is to be everlasting (in Heaven).
7. Israel shall be known of the Gentiles to be blessed of GOD.
All of these promises are implicit in the basic verses in Jeremiah, but they confirm, enrich, and enlarge the covenant. This covenant has to do with the regeneration, forgiveness, and justification of the elect of Israel, along with the reborn grafted-into-the-true-olive-tree faithful Gentiles.
I will be doing more on the New Covenant which now includes the born again Gentiles.
We Jews and Gentiles, men, women, boys, and girls, all need to be thankful for what GOD did, and for HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST. We all have the New Covenant through JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and MASTER. Amen.
The knowledge of the four major covenants builds our faith enormously because much of these covenants have already been fulfilled. Before it is too late, receive CHRIST as your SAVIOR through this prayer:
My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. 1 I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. 2 I believe that He died on the cross and shed His precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins. 3 I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit 4 and that He sits on the right hand of God at this moment, hearing my confession of sin and this prayer. 5 I open up the door of my heart and I invite You into my heart, Lord Jesus. 6 Wash all of my filthy sins away in the precious blood that You shed in my place on the cross at Calvary. 7 You will not turn me away, Lord Jesus, You will forgive my sins and save my soul. I know because Your Word, the Bible says so. 8 Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. 9 Therefore, I know that You have heard me, and I know that You have answered me, and I know that I am saved. 10 And I thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul, and I will show my thankfulness by doing as You command and sin no more. 11
You've just completed the first step in a series of five steps which are necessary to receive salvation. Your second step is to deny yourself and take up the cross daily for the purpose of mortifying yourself, that is, for putting to death your own will, your soulful self, and the world with all of its lusts. All these must be baptized into the death of Christ.
Step three is your resurrection from the satanic life of Adam unto the sinless life of Christ. Step four is your ascension into a position of authority to reign for God on earth, and the fifth step is to reign for God on earth to the end for the purpose of bringing about the kingdom of Heaven on earth. You must learn the Word of God, then submit yourself and do what the Word says, so that the Church and the world may see evidence of your submission to God's Word, His order, and His authority in and by you.
Praise the Lord. May God reward you abundantly.
Pastor Tony Alamo
Please contact us for more information or for literature on other topics which may be of interest.
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide
P. O. Box 2948
Hollywood, CA 90078
Twenty-four hour prayer and information line: (661) 252-5686
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide provides a place to live with all the things necessary for life
to all those
in our United States locations who truly want to serve the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Services held in New York City every Tuesday at 8 P.M. and at other locations nightly. Please call for more information: (908) 937-5723.
MEALS SERVED AFTER EACH SERVICE
Ask for Pastor Alamo’s book, The Messiah, showing Christ from the Old Testament revealed in over three hundred thirty-three prophecies.
Become a laborer in the harvest of souls by becoming a distributor of Pastor Alamo’s literature. All of our literature and audio messages are free of charge, including shipping.
THIS LITERATURE CARRIES THE TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION (Acts 4:12).
DO NOT THROW IT AWAY, PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE
Those of you who are in other countries, we encourage you to translate
this literature into your native language.
If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
© Copyright Novemberl, 2009 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 2009
The New Covenanat, Which Is The Last Of The Four Great Faith-Building Covenants Into Which God Entered With Israel, Is The New Covenant footnotes:
3. Psa. 40:6-7, Matt. 20:28, 26:28, Luke 24:46-47, Acts 20:28, Rom. 3:22-26, 5:6-21, Eph. 1:7, 2:13-18, Col. 1:14, 20-23, 2:13-15, I Tim. 2:6, Heb. 2:14, 7:24-27, 9:6-7, 11-28, 10:4-14, 18-20, 26, 12:18-24, I Pet. 1:18-23, 3:18, Rev. 1:5-6, 18, 5:6-11 return
4. Gen. 4:3-5, 8:20-21, 22:8, 18, Ex. 12:1-13, Lev. 16:7-10, Psa. 40:6-8, Isa. Chap. 53, Matt. 26:1-2, 26-28, John 1:29-36, I Cor. 5:7, Eph. 5:2, Heb. 8:1-8, 13, Ch. 9, 10:1-18, 13:10-13, I Pet. 1:18-23, Rev. 5:5-14, 7:13-17, 13:8 return
11. Lev. 19:2, 20:7, 26, Ch. 26, Deut. 18:13, 26:18-19, Ch. 28, I Kings 8:61, II Chron. 15:2, Ezra 8:22, Psa. 73:27, 125:5, Isa. 1:18-20, Jer. 17:13, Ezek. 33:12-13, Matt. 5:13, John 15:6, Heb. 6:4-8, 10:26-31, II Pet. 2:20-21 return
13. Ezek. 36:27, John 17:11-12, 15, 21-23, 26, Rom. Ch. 5, 6:4-14, 8:1-14, 37, I Cor. 15:10, II Cor. 12:9-10, Eph. 1:19-22, 3:16-21, 6:10, Phlp. 2:13, 4:13, Heb. 4:16, 12:26-29, 13:20, I Pet. 1:3-5, I John 3:9, 4:4, Jude 24-25 return
15. Jer. 33:8, Ezek. 33:12-16, 36:25-27, Matt. 1:21, 26:28, Acts 10:43, 13:38-39, 26:18, Rom. 3:23-25, 8:1-4, II Cor. 5:17, Eph. 2:13-16, 4:22-24, Col. 2:11-13, Titus 2:11-14, Heb. 8:8-12, 10:1-30, I Pet. 1:13-19, 2:9-10, I John 2:1-4 return
18. Ezek. 36:27, John 14:15-20, 23, 17:23, Rom. 7:4, I Cor. 3:9, 16-17, 6:19-20, 12:12-14, 27, II Cor. 6:16-18, 11:2, Gal. 2:20, 4:6, Eph. 2:18-22, 5:23-32, Col. 1:27-29, Heb. 12:22-23, I Pet. 2:9, Rev. 3:12, 5:9-10, 19:7-9, 21:2-3, 7, 9-27 return
22. Ezek. 36:27, John 14:15-20, 23, 15:1-7, 17:21-23, 26, Rom. 8:10-11, 26-28, 12:1, 5-8, I Cor. 3:9, 16-17, 6:15-20, 10:16-17, 12:4-6, 12-14, 27, II Cor. 6:16-18, Gal. 2:20, 3:26-29, Eph. 2:11-22, 3:6, 4:1-7, 11-16, Col. 1:18, 27-29, I John 3:24, 4:4, Rev. 21:3 return
1. Psa. 51:5, Rom. 3:10-12, 23 return
2. Matt. 26:63-64, 27:54, Luke 1:30-33, John 9:35-37, Rom. 1:3-4 return
3. Acts 4:12, 20:28, Rom. 3:25, I John 1:7, Rev. 5:9 return
4. Psa. 16:9-10, Matt. 28:5-7, Mark 16:9, 12, 14, John 2:19, 21, 10:17-18, 11:25, Acts 2:24, 3:15, Rom. 8:11, I Cor. 15:3-7 return
5. Luke 22:69, Acts 2:25-36, Heb. 10:12-13 return
6. I Cor. 3:16, Rev. 3:20 return
7. Eph. 2:13-22, Heb. 9:22, 13:12, 20-21, I John 1:7, Rev. 1:5, 7:14 return
8. Matt. 26:28, Acts 2:21, 4:12, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14 return
9. Matt. 21:22, John 6:35, 37-40, Rom. 10:13 return
10. Heb. 11:6 return
11. John 5:14, 8:11, Rom. 6:4, I Cor. 15:10, Rev. 7:14, 22:14 return